I'm not sure how this happened, but the kid loves tv. She unlocks the Ipad, navigates her way to Netflix, opens Yo Gabba Gabba, and then sits in slack-jawed delight for 19 minutes of singing and dancing. The very moment it is over, she looks up in horror and starts this little chant. "Yo, yo, yo, more yo? One more yo? More yo? Little yo? Little bit yo? Unless things are really desperate, we limit ourselves to one episode.
No one intended for this to happen, but one morning I realized that if I put on Yo Gabba Gabba I could take a shower and brush my teeth before taking her to daycare. And then I started using it to cook dinner and/or lay flat on the floor with my eyes closed. And as a bribe to let me change her diaper, but only on the very darkest days.
Luckily, Yo Gabba Gabba is kind of amazing, and we have all found ways to enjoy it together as a family. I do a great Foofa impression. Mike specializes in Plex. Every night this week we have played an elaborate three-person game called "hiding" which currently involves Mike being Plex while P. and I "hide" Brobee, Toodee, Muno, and Foofa and then help Plex/Mike find everyone. It's even more fun than it sounds. Elephant has been known to join in, as has Hedgehog and Orange Doll.
No comments:
Post a Comment