December 12, 2012

More for the Baby Book

I am sure I will forget.

Right now she calls herself "Neliope." She is very serious about being called this and calling herself this.  Sneeze is "Neeze" and Adeline "doose this" and Adeline "doose that." In general, we are very focused on Adeline. All milk-like beverages are called almond milk, which makes us seem like real yuppies when we are out in public and our barely talking toddler says "I want almond milk!!!" Although I typically find expressions of religious sentiment in children super creepy, when she says "Baru" when we are saying our Hanunka prayers it makes me a little weepy. There is a lot of discussion of monsters. Are they "gary" or not? Are all monsters "gary"? Are some funny? Are some silly? Are some blue and do they eat cookies? She has abandoned the awesome self-portraits and has taken to drawing lots and lots of couches. "It's couch." We don't own a couch, but apparently she thinks about them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment