February 26, 2013

the fun doctor

A blurry picture, but I liked it.
This is at the bookstore on our way home from visiting the speech pathologist. P. had been stuttering a bit, so the awesome pediatrician referred her. Mostly P. played on the floor while I answered a ton of questions. It was nice for me to think about some of these things (when did she start crawling, what was her first word, etc.) Then the woman asked P. a number of questions about sequencing and plurals and prepositions. The verdict was that her language is fine, that she seems to have outgrown the stuttering, and that she is a happy and smart kid. I will sit in any waiting room watching The View for an hour to have someone tell me that. And hopefully the "fun doctor" will help with some of P's serious doctor-related anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment