One of the most unexpected parts of parenthood, for me, is the intense relationships that P. develops with other people. I have friends she likes and friends she forgets, but she has her own feelings about everyone.
She also has a best friend. At first I thought it was just the randomness of daycare. Her best friend was her best friend because they happened to see each other often. Kids are kids, right? But these two girls love each other. They really do. They run towards each other, slow-mo-rom-com style, whenever we meet up. If it has been two hours since they saw each other at school, there is still the much excitement when they see each other again. They hug. P. talks about S. all the time. She asks about her everyday. She wants to see her everyday.
And, I love this girl too. That P. loves her makes me love her. And she's a great kid. Love, ever-expanding. Parenthood is weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment